Sunday, August 10, 2008

Making a digital collage...



Ok so I love all the digital collages that I see on blogs everywhere. I know they are using great software (that costs lots) to create these works of art but I wanted to see if I could do it myself, without tons of effort, or money. This is what I ended up with. I used Picasa to get the images lined up neatly -- I used contact sheet as the collage style then cropped to get just the images. Then I loaded the collage image into picnik to add some text and borders. Probably not the quickest or cleanest way to make a collage but it works!

Do you make digital collages? How do you do it?

2 comments:

Katy said...

Connie - if you upload your pictures to flickr, you can make neato collages like this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/humansparkler/1973517375/

I think you can export them directly to your blog or save them as jpegs.

CMumf said...

ooh I will play with that too. I also just discovered polyvore (a site that makes neat collages too)but haven't had a chance to play much!