Tuesday, August 19, 2008

DC Trip Part 3

The Mineral & Jem Display at the Natural History Museum


crazy necklaces


Huge diamonds - I think the 10carat round (I am going by memory so that could be wrong) would look quite nice in my current setting :-) and Marie Antoinette's 20 carat earrings would also look lovely!


crown jewels
a bejeweled ring

more crazy necklaces

pearls


more huge rocks
bejeweled butterfly
...and...the Hope Diamond

Just so you know you could lose an eye by being short and trying to see the hope diamond. Those ladies and gents are vicious trying to get their photos. At one point I thought I was going to stand there all day when people would not let me AWAY from the display...then they realized that the display rotated and I was no longer on the "good" side! :-)

No comments: